The Assisted School Travel Program (ASTP) aims to assist eligible students with disabilities to access educational services in both government and non-government schools in New South Wales with a maximum of two funded trips per day.
Transport services are available to students enrolled in government and non-government special schools or in mainstream (regular) schools for students who are mobility dependent.
To be eligible to apply for transport assistance, students enrolled in Catholic schools in NSW must:
· Have a CECNSW disability confirmation form that confirms the student meets DE established criteria (obtained through your Diocesan Office)
· Be enrolled in the closest appropriate Catholic school to their home, following consideration of educational needs and the impact of travelling distance and time on individual learning programs
· Be assessed as being unable to travel independently
· Have parents and/or carers who have demonstrated in writing their inability to provide or arrange travel for the student either fully or in part and
· Be a permanent resident of New South Wales.
Please contact your school principal in relation to any enquiries and applications for access to the ASTP. You may also contact the Student Special Transport Unit on 131 071 for further information on the Scheme.
For more information contact either your local Catholic school, Diocesan Catholic Schools Authority, or Geraldine Gray, State Coordinator - Special Learning Needs at CECNSW on (02) 9287-1555.
For more information please see: www.schools.nsw.edu.au/studentsupport/programs/astp/