- Assisted School Travel Program for Students with Disability
- Disability Discrimination Act eLearning Course
- Disability Standards for Education
- NSW Centre for Effective Reading
- Personalised Plans
- The Nationally Consistent Collection of Data on Students with Disability
- Animal Welfare
- Attendance (Student)
- Charities & Not for Profits
- Child Protection/Keep Them Safe
- Copyright for Schools
- Data Standards Manual: Student Background Characteristics
- NSW Education Act S47 Compliance
- Overseas Students
- School Student Transport Scheme
- Statutory Restrictions on Profit Making Activities
Before and After School Care Fund (BASCF)Education Programs - Other Programs
NSW Before and After School Care Fund
The NSW Government created the $20million Before and After School Care Fund to help delivery up to 45,000 additional OSHC places. NSW schools and local councils may apply for grants under the Fund.
In 2017, under phase 2 of this initiative, schools without an OSHC service and schools with an existing OSHC service that have a need and capacity to expand their service are eligible to apply for a one-off grant of up to $30,000. The grants can be used for site modification and fit-out costs, project management (including tendering or regulatory costs) or to pay for necessary equipment to support new or expanded services.
Catholic primary schools that do not presently have an OSHC service are encouraged to consult with their community - for example their P&F Association - to determine whether such a service is required and if it should be established. Schools that have an existing service with a demonstrated need to increase the number of approved places are encouraged to investigate the feasibility of expanding the service.
Schools looking to establish a new OHSC service or expand an existing one should refer to NSW OSHC Regulations.
To apply for a grant, school principals must complete an Online Application. The Frequently Asked Questions will assist in completing the application.
Grants may be provided to local councils that have unmet demand for before and after school care. Children Services Managers of local councils with a growing demand for OSHC services are encouraged to contact the Department to discuss how the Fund could be used to assist the community.
For further information about applying for a grant:
Assistant Director - Policy
Catholic Education Commission NSW