Before and After School Care Fund (BASCF)Education Programs - Other Programs
NSW Before and After School Care Fund
The NSW Government created the $20million Before and After School Care Fund to help delivery up to 45,000 additional OSHC places. NSW schools, local councils and not-for-profit OSHC service providers may apply for grants under the Fund.
The one-ff grant of up to $30,000 can be used for site modification and fit-out costs, project management (including tendering or regulatory costs), or to pay for necessary equipment to support new or expanded services.
OSHC services that have unmet demand for before and after school care places, and have a capacity to establish a new OSHC service or to increase the number of pleaces in their existing OSHC service may apply for grants under the FUnd.
Applications from the following are welcome:
Grants for eligible applicants will be awarded on the basis of their capacity to establish or expand a viable OSHC service including:
- the school principal for OSHC services located in school sites
- the duty authorised council officer for OSHC services located in council sites
- the OSHC service manager for not-for-profit OSHC services located on sites other than school or council property
- demonstrated community demand that supports the establishment or expansion of a viable OSHC service
- progress in identifying a site that meets requirements
- progress in securing an approved OSHC provider
- appropriateness of the proposed expenditure items.
Primary schools that do not presently have an OSHC service are encouraged to consult with their community - for example their P&C Association - to determine whether such a service is required and if it should be established.
Schools that have an existing service with a demonstrated need to increase the number of approved places are encouraged to investigate the feasibility of expanding the service.
Schools looking to establish a new OHSC service or expand an existing one should refer to NSW OSHC regulations.
Apply now through the SmartyGrants online application. The Frequently Asked Questions will assist in completing the application.
Frequently asked questions
For further information about applying for a grant:
Assistant Director - Policy
Catholic Education Commission NSW
Ph: 02 9287 1560